2006-09-01

Well, kids, today's rant is going to be a little odd, kind of random. It's been a really weird day, my lights have decided they don't want to play by the rules today, so I'm in a very strange mindset. The air up here at Red Rocks probably isn't helping, either. I think it's the lack of pollution, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, there's two things on my mind today: Tropical Storm Ernesto and foaming hand soap. We'll start with the first.

So Ernesto is heading up the coast and straight at Maryland (it's acutally there right now). While I wouldn't say I'm worried about my friends there, I am thinking about them and hoping they don't wind up under water. Again. Ernesto is no Isabel, but it's still alot of water to get dumped on them at one time. Keep your heads dry, MD.

I'm also concerned because I have to get on a plane on Sunday, and I really hope that storm is gone. If it slows down even a little bit, it will be sitting right over Newark Airport and then I'm in some trouble. I really don't want to spend any more time in Denver Int'l than I have to. Refer to yesterday's post if you're wondering why.

Part 2: Foaming hand soap. Can someone please explain this crap to me? I keep running into this stuff all over the country and I can't figure out why. It doesn't clean my hands, it feels weird, and it's just confusing. I squeeze it from the dispenser and start to put it on my face before I realize I'm not shaving. So why does it exist? I'm calling for a general boycott of this completely useless product until someone can explain to me why it's better than regular liquid soap. And don't tell me that you can fit more in a container, because I have to use twice as much to get my hands something resembling clean, so what's the point of that? And this broad has WAY too much time on her hands (among other things). Either that, or Wegman's is paying far too much for fake reviews.

Ok, that's enough randomness for now. Here's your quote:

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

No comments: