2007-06-27

So I was thinking yesterday about someone I haven't thought about for many years: Dick Trickle. I don't really know why, mind you, I just was. So I was wondering, what happened to good ol' Dick? For those of you not in on it, Dick Trickle is a real guy. He was a NASCAR driver for about 15 years, and his real claim to fame is that SportsCenter used to report on his finish in every race, mostly so they could say "Dick Trickle" on air and the FCC could do nothing about it. Well, Dick, despite being "America's Winningest Driver" (over 1,200 estimated career wins), just disappeared about 5 years ago. So where's Dick? Where's he been? Where's he going? Even Google doesn't have the answer. So disappointing.

In other news: I'm going on tour again. Don't ask me who with, because I don't know yet; but at some point in mid-July I'll be going, and coming back in August some time. It all depends on which group BML decides to send me with. Joy! More info to come...

Until then, goodnight, Dick Trickle, wherever you are!

"I play with my tractors and live somewhat of a family life and just try to enjoy trying to retire sooner or later. "
Dick Trickle

No comments: