2008-02-23

Wow. I'm still blown away by the amount of money spent on children's birthdays. Today, I'm working a bat mitzvah. There's a DJ, of course, as well as 4 tattoo artists (airbrushed, of course), a pool table, a photo booth, two guitar hero setups, live video, 3 photographers, a sushi station, and that's just the beginning! If this is the 13th birthday, what do you do for the wedding? I don't even want to know.

So. What else do I got? Not much. The Oscars are tomorrow, if you care about that sort of thing. Personally, I don't really care much. I want to see a few of the movies that are nominated, and I think it would be cool if Daniel Day Lewis finally wins an Oscar, but other than that and Jon Stewart hosting I really don't care. I think I'd rather read about it on Monday than watch, which is exactly what I'll do. Especially since I'm working tomorrow night. Which brings me to:

Will Ferrel. Anyone seen his "Funny or Die" comedy tour? No? Shocking. But they've sold out Radio City Music Hall, so someone must still want to watch this crap. And I'm sure Semi-Pro will make a bajillion dollars opening weekend (well, one bajillion, nine hundred seventy thousand, four hundred twenty three dollars and seventeen cents, to be exact.) And I'm not sure why, other than that there really are that many morons out there. I mean, come on. If this horse hasn't been beaten to death yet, it's certainly well tenderized by now. The result? I have to sit through 2 hours of SNL rejects tomorrow night. Lucky me.

I don't know. Here, distract yourselves with this, I've got nothing left.


"It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over."

Edna St. Vincent Millay (1892 - 1950)

No comments: