2007-07-25

Some of you faithful readers (read: both of you. Hi Mom!) may remember my rant about MySpace.com from last October. Well, I just caught this little number on Reuters.uk this morning, and I hate to say I told you so, but MySpace is just plain evil. Here's the thing: if they found 29,000 sex offenders, how many are out there that aren't registered or haven't made themselves known yet? Food for thought the next time you let you kid on MySpace.

In other news, this article from the Hartford Courant caught my eye today as well. It really is a bad time for pro sports, with stars and officials running around doing whatever they feel like, and often getting away with it. At what point do we stand up and stop paying attention? How much longer will we continue to fund these billionaires who pay millionaires to act like spoiled children?

So I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but I found this comic strip a few weeks ago. It's called Lio, and it's really funny (dark, but funny). Here's a sample:

I'm sure we've all been there.

"If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going."
Professor Irwin Corey (1914 - )

No comments: