2007-10-13

I just went to see the Avalanche play, because I'm in Denver and they were too. They beat the Columbus Blue Jackets 5-1, and it was an awesome game. Joe Sakic scored a hat trick, Milan Hejduk had 2 goals and 2 assists, and there were 3 misconducts in the last 5 minutes. They looked really good, and really loosened up after the second goal. Their defense is still kinda weak, but the right trade could get them in a strong playoff spot. It was a great evening.

The Great American Beer festival is going on in Denver right now, and I didn't go. It was sold out. So I went to the hockey game instead. It was worth it. Though walking back to the hotel was interesting: you can definitely tell that there's a beer festival going on.

So now I'm gonna take a shower and go to bed. The excitement of life on the road.

"A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be."
Wayne Gretzky (1961 - )

No comments: